- A Zephyr multichannel liquid handler with 96-and 384-well capabilities for performing accurately and efficiently plate preparation, replication or reformatting, serial dilutions and cell based assays.
- A Biotek plate washer.
- An Envision Multilabel reader. This is a fast and effective reader that can accommodate a wide range of mirror modules and filters to enable a variety of detection approaches based on fluorescence Intensity, luminescence and absorbance.
- A Twister II Microplate Handler with multiple instrument capability and integral plate and tip storage capacity.
- A microplate incubator LiCONiC STX44 (2 racks for a capacity of 44 microplates)
The workstation is supported by iLinkPro, a robust and easy to use control software that connects all the instruments to set up a fully automated assay system.
CEMIPAIâ€™s mission is to identify small molecules or antibodies capable of decreasingÂ the infectivity of a virus or the pathogenicity of bacterias. DrugÂ screening can be carried out either on an identified target (eg enzyme) or not. Active compounds are identified by different reporter systems through the reading of absorbance or fluorescence.Â
Our BSL3 facilities are equipped with a set of robotic technologies for conducting automatedÂ screening assays.
Cemipai has access to the large collection of small molecules from the CNRS chimiotec. We are also in connection with the chemistry institute PĂ´le BalardÂ in Montpellier, experts in the design, synthesis and pharmacology of biomolecules for the treatment of human and animal pathologies. Any other compound libraries can be tested.
From Cell culture to animal studies
The CEMIPAI platform currently develops models of pathogens/hosts for in vitro studies. We partner with BSL3 animal facilities of Montpellier University and with Azelead, a biotech expert in Zebrafish imaging. This forms a full R&D chain, starting from drug libraries and ending downstream of human clinical phases.
Pathogens validated for screening
The assay can be performed on wt virus for validation. Screening are done using viral replicons that induce fluorescence of cells upon infection.Â
HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY TYPE-1 (HIV-1)
ZIKA VIRUS (ZIKV)
CHIKUNGUNYA VIRUS (CHIKV)
DENGUE VIRUS (DENV)
WEST NILE FEVER VIRUS
The screening services can be done on :
- In vitro on cell cultures infected by a virus (or bacteria)
- (end of 2020) On Zebrafish infected with fluorescent viral replicons. In vivo fluorescence is then analysed by microscopy.
Please enquire by contacting us