- A Zephyr multichannel liquid handler with 96-and 384-well capabilities for performing accurately and efficiently plate preparation, replication or reformatting, serial dilutions and cell based assays.
- A Biotek plate washer.
- An Envision Multilabel reader. This is a fast and effective reader that can accommodate a wide range of mirror modules and filters to enable a variety of detection approaches based on fluorescence Intensity, luminescence and absorbance.
- A Twister II Microplate Handler with multiple instrument capability and integral plate and tip storage capacity.
- A microplate incubator LiCONiC STX44 (2 racks for a capacity of 44 microplates)
The workstation is supported by iLinkPro, a robust and easy to use control software that connects all the instruments to set up a fully automated assay system.
CEMIPAIâ€™s mission is to identify small molecules or antibodies capable of modulating the infectivity of a virus or the pathogenicity of bacterias. These automated screenings can be carried out either on an identified target (eg enzyme) or not. Active compounds are identified by different reporter systems through the reading of absorbance or fluorescence.
Our BSL3 facilities are equipped with a set of robotic technologies for conducting automated screening assays. We perform extensive quality assessment before every assay to ensure that all liquid handling is carefully calibrated and functioning correctly. We also perform ongoing quality control throughout the assay to ensure that conditions remain consistent across multiple plates, ensuring a highly controlled experimental environment.
Cemipai has access to the large collection of small molecules from the CNRS chimiotec. We are also in connection with the chemistry institute PÃ´le Balard in Montpellier, experts in the design, synthesis and pharmacology of biomolecules for the treatment of human and animal pathologies. Any other compound libraries can be tested.
Any other compound libraries can be tested.
The CEMIPAI platform currently develops models of pathogens/hosts for in vitro studies. We partner with BSL3 animal facilities of Montpellier University and with Azelead, a biotech expert in working with Zebrafish. These combinations will present a full R&D pre-clinical value chain that starts from drug libraries and ends downstream of human clinical phases.
Pathogens under development
Viruses : Human Immunodeficiency Virus type-1 (HIV-1), Zika Virus (ZIKV), Chikungunya Virus (CHIKV)
Programmed: Dengue Virus (DENV), Semliki Forest virus (SFV), Oâ€˜nyongâ€™nyong virus (ONNV), Hepatitis Virus type B (HBV) and type C (HCV), Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
The screening services can be done on :
- cells infected by virus or bacteria
- Zebra fish infected with virus or bacteria. This later service being conducted in partnering with Azelead Company
Please enquire by contacting us