AFM / Optical Microscope (BIO-AFM) for L3 imaging of infected living cells and class 3 pathogens (viruses and bacteria).
fixed or living cells in their culture medium, bacteria, yeasts, macromolecules (nucleic acids, proteins), polymers, fibers, composites, lipid films, lipid vesicles (GUV, LUV), extracellular vesicles (exosomes), structures purified biologics (viral capsids for example), virus-like-particles (VLPs), class 2 and 3 viruses.
Size of the smallest objects detectable on the surface: a few nanometers X and Y
Height of observable objects: from 0.5nm to 12Î¼m
Dimension of square images: from 50nm to 100Î¼m
Sizes of the observable samples: 30mm x 50mm in X and Y, 5 to 10mm in Z
Possibility of working in liquid or air in a thermostatic chamber.
AFM images :
a) Chikungunya virus
c) HEK293T cell
Optical Microscope NIKON Ti2-U inverted Microscope with Phase Contrast and Fluorescence
- Nikon CFI Lens Achromat LWD ADL-20x Ph1-
- Nikon CFI Achromat LWD ADL-40x Ph2
- NIKON CFI APO VC 100x oil (A.N. 1.4 DT 0.13)
White LED light source and Epi-Fluorescence Intensilight 100w (Hg, manual)
- Cubes Filters:o GFP (Ex466 / 40, DM 495, stop filter BA 525/50)
- mCHERRY, mRFP (Ex562 / 40, DM 593, BA 640/75 stop filter)
- CY5, APC, DiD, Alexa Fluor 647, Alexa fluor 660 (Ex628 / 40, DM 660, BA 692/40 stop filter)
JENOPTIK Fluorescence ProgRes MFcool Camera (2/3 â€œ1.4 MegaPixel CCD, 1350Ã—1024 pixel resolution, 14bit)